Monday, July 27, 2009

A Blender for Christmas!

I use our blender a lot. At least once a week I make something that requires blending: smoothies, hummus, burrito filling, margaritas, or some other sort of mixed drink. With all the ice that goes into that thing, I must blow out a blender every 200th concoction, or every 18 months, whichever comes first. I've had expensive blenders, mid-range blenders, Consumer Reports approved blenders, and even cheap 1970's garage sale blenders. Nothing lasts very long.

It was no surprise to me then, that today's smoothies yielded some poorly blended ice. It's about time to shop for a blender again. As I stood before it grumbling a "blessing", my dear husband offered to buy me a new one for Christmas.

"You want me to wait 5 months for a new blender?" I asked, slightly taken aback.

"Well, no," he said, "but if it lasts a few more months, I could get it for you for Christmas."

I am not a diamonds sort of girl. I like to think I'm fairly practical and ordinary. But a blender? Really?!

I guess I could go for that. It will be fun to see what kind of machine he chooses for me. But even more than that, I look forward to seeing his reaction when he opens my gift. I think he'll be about due for an oil change.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete