Thursday, July 23, 2009

A Family Holiday

Today is Adoption Day. Eight years ago today, we stood before Judge Williams and she formally transformed Christian from "my" child, to "our" child. I am so thankful that everything worked out for ALL of us, but still feel we need lots of prayers. Mark and I need wisdom, patience, discernment, humility and the ability to be vigilant as parents. For Christian I pray that his faith in God would grow, his skepticism be quelled by truth, that he would always know he's deeply loved, that anger and hatred would never find a place to grow within him. For his biological father, I pray that he would have peace and that he and his family would be greatly blessed for the selfless act of love that he committed for the benefit of his son when he chose to give him a father that would be present for Christian.

No comments:

Post a Comment