Tuesday, July 21, 2009

CAUTION: Running Errands May Lead To Jail Time...

Yesterday morning I snuck out with the two little boys to run some errands for work while my older two were still sleeping. Christian is twelve and responsible enough to watch his siblings for short bursts of time. Both kids were told the night before that I would have to do some running for work that morning.

I got a call about a half hour into it from a sobbing Emily who said I forgot her at home AGAIN. (It happened once a couple years ago where she was home alone for 20 minutes, an honest mistake if you know the whole story.)

I asked if she checked the basement for her brother, and she hadn’t.

She WENT TO A NEIGHBOR’S HOUSE to make that call, and not just any neighbor, the old lady across the street who thinks we’re a circus, who knows everything about everybody, bless her heart. Em could have chosen a more forgiving option.

To top it all off, when I put the two little boys to bed last night, James, whose room faces the old lady’s house, discovered his light switch and started sending SOS signals before I realized what “that clicking sound” was. Do you think SS will stop over this week? I think there’s a 50/50 chance they will. I’d better clean the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment