Friday, April 6, 2012

Day Five: FREE Day

Before I write about our FREE day, I must share that yesterday after beach fun, Jason, Abby, Dad, Courtney, Michael, Mark and I went out for a night on the town. 

Mom stayed home with the kids where they ate popcorn and watched The Adventures of Tin Tin.



We had some fantastic food and drinks at Wild Side BBQ.  We didn't find any place to dance, but after I retired, the rest of them finished up the night at BW3.



That said, today was a much needed free day.  Some people were able to sleep in and the kids spent much of the day swimming in the pool.  Sitting on the patio in the fresh morning sun, we ate breakfast and the kids negotiated their pool time.  I had been up since five blogging.  We saw hot air balloons taking off in the neighborhood.  Many flew so low we could greet the passengers!

   
My feverish James had an ear infection that caused his ear to rupture yesterday, so I was thankful our doctor in MN was willing to call in a prescription for Amoxicillin to a nearby Target.

Dad and I went to the Orlando South Harley Store down the road to drool over bikes.  We also stopped at a fruit stand and got some Florida citrus and discovered a wonderful southern treat: boiled peanuts.  I brought some back to the house for others to try.

When we returned, Dad grilled steaks and we enjoyed our family Easter feast complete with Mom’s potato salad.  It isn’t our traditional Easter meal, of course, but it was very appropriate for a meal enjoyed on the patio by our pool.  It was so nice to have a day to be lazy.



It was nearly four o’clock when Mom, Dad, Courtney and Michael headed out the door.  They went to Downtown Disney and ate at Joe’s Crab Shack.  Courtney looked so pretty!  Her and Mom  enjoyed perusing the shops.  





I’m pretty sure if you gave either of those girls a cape and a nice tierra, she could save the world!


Shortly after their departure, Jason’s family and my family went to Downtown Disney to eat and shop.  We ate some delicious sandwiches on hearth-baked bread at Earl of Sandwich, owned by a decendant of the Earl of Sandwich, Robert Earl, of Planet Hollywood fame.  

While we were eating, a dance party started in the street, so I took Jacob and Annalise out to dance.  





We must have been out there for 20 minutes and yet when we decided to leave, I had to pick up an unwilling Annalise and drag her away.  She would have danced all night!

We finished the day renewed and ready to tackle our final Disney vacation day tackling Hollywood Studios.

No comments:

Post a Comment