Friday, January 21, 2011

25 Random Things About Me

written on January 29th, 2009. Not much has changed...

1. I look forward to my husband coming home every evening.
2. I have a foot phobia. I wear socks, I have to mentally prepare to cut my toe nails, I hate other people's feet getting too close to me.
3. I don't eat the last bite of my sandwich--unless I realize I'm doing that again, then I'll eat it just so that I'm not being weird.
4. The two people I always call when my kids do something funny, for the first time, or exceptionally naughty are my aunt, Ann, and my mom.
5. I want to be my mom when I grow up. She is absolutely amazing.
6. I got on a motorcycle for the first time just so that my dad and I would have something in common that we could do together. I was terrified. Now, I love it.
7. I struggle with depression in the winter time.
8. My 2 brothers are the funniest people in the world.
9. My kids make me so happy.
10. I have no patience or place in my life for arrogant people.
11. It pains me that I'm not a better gardener or cook. I want to do better in these areas.
12. My husband and I play Yahzee alot. We never get sick of it. He usually makes me laugh till I cry.
13. I want to hike with my kids this summer.
14. I'm deathly afraid of mice.
15. I used to work at a convenience store.
16. I have to fight back tears at baptisms.
17. I thought playing vintage baseball in an ankle length dress in the heat of summer was really fun.
18. One of my favorite things to do is to get together with my in-laws--extended family.
19. I think that everybody who is in charge of finances in the government should be required to take Financial Peace classes from Dave Ramsey.
20. I have the most awesome group of friends.
21. I use coupons.
22. I'm allergic to maple syrup.
23. I worry about failing at things that really matter like living the way Christ wants me to live, being the best mom and wife I can be, doing a good job at work, and being healthy.
24. BUT, I'm beginning to find my true worth and value in being a redeemed child of God rather than in how successful I am, or how special others think I am.
25. I like to get into mischief from time to time, just to mix it up a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment