Saturday, March 31, 2012

Traveling Miles and Miles and Miles...

Yahoo!  This morning my kids were up before 6:00 a.m. wondering when we would leave for their first trip by plane.  After hours of listening to, "Is it time yet?  When can we go?", we took off for the airport.  Jason and Mark kept our cars amused with their text exchanges about our trips to the airport and getting through security.

Just hours before, Abby told the kids about removing their shoes at security, (We didn't know they can keep their shoes on!) and five year old Jacob innocently stated, "I'll just tell them I don't have a bomb in my shoes."  We both asked our kids NOT TO TALK as we went through the checkpoint and the only one to have trouble getting through was me.  After three times and a near meltdown, removing a forgotten copper bracelet and undoing my hair, I got through too.  Mom was so relieved to hear we made it!
This is us outside the airport before Matthew took home Jason and Abby's Tahoe and Ann drove back our van.  Courtney and Michael were already inside and through security at this point.  We were envious!

We told the kids that today would be a long day of sitting and waiting.  They all did so well!
I'm just sittin' round here watching airplanes, take off and fly!
Michael tries to convince me he just saw Johnny Depp sitting down at the bar.
Christian wonders how he will survive a week without seeing his beloved Marissa.
The kids loved taking off and flying so high in the air.  They sat so well and were antsy only the final hour of the three hour flight.

We rented our vans and I followed Michael who had his GPS activated.  He tried to lose me in traffic to no avail.  He must have forgotten that we have the same mom and learned from her example.  (Hey, her nickname, isn't Turbo because she runs fast, you know!)
 This is our house.  We were so happy to finally be at our destination!  Michael was in the pool before the rest of us were even out of the vans!  How exciting to finally BE on our family vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment